Responsible Electronics RecyclingHelp keep our planet clean for future generations
We at Buffalo Computer Recycling believe that the key to our future is responsible recycling. With new technology being released every six months, Buffalo Computer Recycling will step up and properly dispose of the old material!
Simply contact us once you‘re ready to recycle your equipment.
We offer Pick-Up services for businesses. A member of our team will pick up your equipment and deliver it to our facility for processing.
Once the material is processed, Buffalo Computer Recycling will document all items and send you a Certificate of Recycling for your files. It is as easy as that!
Schedule your Free* Business Electronic Recycling Pick-Up
We pick-up, load, and haul away all different types of electronics. Simply call and schedule your free* eWaste pick-up.
*Minimum amounts of equipment may be required to qualify for free pick-up
- Why Choose Buffalo Computer Recycling?
- BCR is a thorough, client- and environmentally-focused value-added reseller.
- Professional Certified Data Destruction Services: BCR follows Department of Defense standards to provide you with the highest level of data security and ensure that none of your sensitive information is passed on.
- Locally-owned business: We create local jobs and stop electronic waste and hazardous materials from ending up in our community’s landfills and water systems. BCR is focused on Western New York and our customers come from Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Wyoming, Genesee, and Orleans counties.
- No electronics that BCR receives will end up in a landfill. BCR is a good choice for the environment and your community.
- BCR works with individuals, companies, and government agencies. No customer is too big or too small for BCR.
- BCR complies with all local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations.
BCR offers Free Next Day Pickup for qualifying organizations.
Interesting Electronic Recycling Facts:
- Unwanted and obsolete electronics are rapidly filling the world’s landfills. The EPA estimates that 60 million metric tons of electronic waste are thrown out each year, with the US accounted for 9 million of those tons in 2012. The United Nations predicts that by 2017, the amount of electronic waste worldwide (expected to reach 65.4 million tons) will weigh the equivalent of 200 Empire State Buildings or 11 Great Pyramids of Giza. Though electronic waste makes up only 2% of all waste in landfills, it accounts for nearly 70% of all toxic waste due to its high concentrations of mercury, lead, beryllium, and other harmful substances. Every year, 14,000,000 cell phones are thrown out, accounting for 80,000 lbs. of lead that then leaches into the environment.
- We can lessen the impact electronic waste has on the environment by reducing our consumption of electronics. Recycling 1 million laptops saves the energy equivalent to powering 3,657 homes each year.
- We can also help by reusing electronics. More than $60 million worth of gold and silver ends up in US landfills each year in the form of components of thrown out cell phones. These metals can be used in the refurbishing process to fix and update other electronics. By purchasing one refurbished computer instead of a new one, you help save the more than 530 lbs. of fossil fuels, 48 lbs. of chemicals, and 1.5 tons of water needed to make a new computer.