Buffalo Computer Recycling recognizes that secure data destruction and e-waste recycling are essential considerations for both businesses and individuals today. The world of information technology is progressing at a rapid pace, resulting in growing amounts of data and the need for more advanced equipment. Along with these developments come decisions about how to responsibly dispose of outdated computers and electronics and ensure that data is destroyed for your protection.
Secure data destruction is a primary focus for BCR. We have carefully developed procedures to ensure that our methodology is compliant with all legal and environmental policies and is performed consistently every time. BCR is dedicated to continual improvement and providing education to our clients with regard to data security and privacy requirements.
Secure and Compliant
Buffalo Computer Recycling will help you meet government and industry standards requiring complete erasure of sensitive data prior to disposal, including:
- California Senate Bill 1386
- DOD (Emergency Destruction and up to Secret Classification)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization
- NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88
- PCI DSS 3.2 (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
CE and ANSI safety and compatibility standards worldwide.
- Hard Drive Wiping – BCR uses software certified by the Department of Defense to completely and securely dispose of sensitive data contained in hard drives and other components. This includes wiping clean all information on these components. Think of it as hitting the self-destruct button on your data.
- Hard Drive Destruction – At your request, as a part of our Serialization program, we will destroy the hard drive in compliance with industry standards and provide you with a Certificate of Destruction.
- With our certified data destruction, BCR provides a paper trail to ensure the safe removal of all sensitive materials from your electronics and computer components. We currently work with many computer repair shops and local businesses in the WNY area to ensure that their customers’ computer data is kept safe and secure.